Thursday, August 20, 2009

Peachy Keen

I had a wonderful day.  I skipped the gym but hey I stayed within my points so no biggie.  This is not my point.

So I was at the dry cleaners the other day where I was greeted by the most wonderful lady.  She was kind she was funny she carefully attended to all my ocd-esc requests.  I even called Alice to tell her about my pleasant interaction while doing my saturday chores.  

Flash forward to Wednesday I went to pick up my clothes and the same lady smiling said hi and said oh you must be here to pick up the suit.  Not only did she remember me and my order but she remembered out conversation and drowned me in genuine flattery!  Had she not been a middle aged woman I may have proposed marriage.

So often I threaten to write strongly worded letters to people who have pissed me off, of course i never get far enough to actually use a stamp.  Today in the spirit of turning over a new leaf I hand wrote a nice letter to the owner/manager of my dry cleaner describing my positive experience and singing "Sue's" praises.  I dropped it in the mail today.

Pleased with myself (and having leftover points for my day) I went to McDonalds to get an ice cream cone.  A few weeks ago Alice and I stopped to get a cone after dinner.  The young kid leaned out the window with the vanilla cone smiling and in a chipper voice said, "Who want's Ice cream!?!"  It was adorable and honestly made my rotten day turn good.  Upon Alice's urging I called the McDonald's and talked to the manager telling them about the chipper young lad that made my day.

Anywho today high on my spreading of joy I visited the same McDonalds to order my 3 point vanilla cone.  At the window a middle aged man half leans out and mutters, "Who wants ice cream...?"  Sure he didn't say it with the vigor it needed but it still made me feel good.  That kid got his compliment and thats what matters.

Annabelle Tinley signing out.... changing the world one compliment at a time.

If you would like a wonderful dry cleaning experience visit Sue...
20th St. SE
Rochester, MN 55904

0 comments:

Post a Comment