Saturday, January 9, 2010

Braver than usual

After work yesterday I got my hair cut and went out for happy hour drinks with all of the 3 people I know in Chicago.

No one else really wanted to go out and with 3 beers already in my system I decided that tonight was the night I was going to go to a bar alone. I went home, fed the dogs refreshed my makeup and was out the door in about 15minutes before I had time to change my mind.

My first stop was roscos mainly because I was cold and I had physically been there before. I ordered a drink, had a seat at the bar and realized I was the only girl there. Then some snotty gay guy came up, tapped me an sneered appearance I had taken his seat. I downed my drink and left...this was not going well.

Bar 2: Sidetracks
I liked it better, trendy nice glasses friendly bar tender that chatted with me for a bit. I was still sitting alone futzing with my phone and waiting to get drunk enough to talk to strangers. I heard my name. I look over and there is one of my employees sitting around drinking with his friends. I stop over trying to save some face and left yet again as soon as my drink was finished. I went out for a cigarette trying to plan my next move when my luck turned.

I butted into a conversation of fellow smokers. All of them were recent transplants as well and they invited me to hang out for the night. We had so much fun. I chatted I drank I flirted.

Bar 3: Spin
Drunk, I remember drag queens and shamelessly hitting on the bar tender. I remember stumbling to the bathroom, talking to basically anyone I ran into. Dancing, singing some lady gaga and falling into a cab at 3am to get home.

Today:
So hung over. So worth it.

In other news I have a date tomorrow with a guy who sounds rediculous but its not like I have anything better to do anyways.

I also think I will have a date/possibly friend date later this week with a gal from the interwebs. She sounds fun and adorable so much more hope for that situation.

So yes life is good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment