Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Letter to an Old Friend

Dear Insomnia,

It's been so long since I've seen you! I'm glad we were able to spend the last 4 hours together staring at the ceiling of my bedroom. I never knew I had 36 individual slats at the current length setting for my blinds until you pointed it out. Heavens knows why the spacing between number 17 and 18 is about 2mm wider than the rest but I will try to resolve mystery and get back to you. Your perceptiveness of your environment is such an admirable trait, there are so many things that would escape my lack of perceptions if it weren't for you.

That being said, I fear I must remind you that I have a job. A job that not only requires me to arrive early but to also refrain from: shouting, snarling, crying, whining, pouting and throwing myself upon the ground in a temper tantrum. I find these expectations lofty on any given day however I find them insurmountable given that I only have a maximum allowable time of 2 hours of sleep left in tonight's schedule.

I will have to politely request that in the future you plan your visits on Friday and Saturday nights as those work best with my schedule. During those times I will be more than happy to entertain any of your paranoid worries or OCD-esc obessions to your satisfaction.

Yours Truly,
Annabelle

P.S. You owe me a vacation day

0 comments:

Post a Comment