Monday, September 14, 2009

The 10yr Reunion

All in all I'm glad I went to tool city a.k.a "The Alumni Club" for my HS reunion. The first hour was rather excruciating but the open bar and a keenness too Vodka-Cranberries aided in my ability to get over my flashback of super-shy-uber-nerd. Sure I spent the vast majority of the night hanging with my regular clan but I found a couple new-old friends that will surely come in handy whenever I get my little slice of the Chicago pie.

Today I went and did my pre-employment screening. All things are go except for my mysteriously MIA transcripts I ordered two weeks ago. Two schools will be receiving angry phone calls tomorrow. Unfortunately today was also picture day. Had I known this I would have done my hair and perhaps put more care into operation zit-coverage.

All in all it was a wonderful weekend. I actually got the chance to relax a little and enjoy the city. Kinda got the warm fuzzies as I thought...yes this is actually happening. This is what I want to do with my life, and I'm doing it. I've taking my years of wishing, dreaming, preparing and finally here it is. The whole thing is rather euphoric.

Now I just have to ditch this house. I've always been so attached to the place I live and leaving has always been bittersweet for me but quite frankly when I look back on my time in Rochester all I can recall is a really bad life stage. A broken engagement, a horrible depression, a pathetic lack of friends within my zip code. Its not like the years were all bad but all the happy memories I remember were in lacrosse, Appleton, Chicago or even Lincoln freakin Nebraska.

I feel like I've been trapped here for so long, and no matter financially what I loose I can recover. Whatever it is its work my sanity in the end. 12 days until the move!

0 comments:

Post a Comment